The outcome of litigation is frequently determined by critical decisions made, not only during litigation, but before it commences. Decades of experience in the trial courts brings the depth of experience necessary to make the critical decisions most likely to bring a successful outcome. We have an accomplished track record in the fields of business litigation, real estate litigation, and litigation regarding trusts and estates. The firm’s most experienced trial lawyer, Philip Burkhardt, has brought over 100 cases through trial, including dozens of jury trials. A sampling of representative matters in which the interests of our clients have been successfully represented are:
- Successfully litigated the worldwide licensing rights to Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) against a claimed $10 million in damages, and obtained a $600,000 judgment on a cross-complaint which was upheld on appeal.
- Lead counsel obtaining a seven figure settlement for a three-year-old boy who was sexually assaulted in a day care facility on a cruise ship known as “The Big Red Boat,”operated by Premier Cruise Lines, Ltd., and sponsored by the Walt Disney Company.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict against Barron Hilton on behalf of a long-time friend and former business associate. The complaint alleged that Hilton had breached his obligation under a written agreement to exercise options for the purchase of helicopters valued at $25million.
- Obtained a judgment on behalf of a real estate agent for the recovery of a commission as the procuring cause of a $10 million residential sale.
- Obtained a defense judgment in favor of a shopping center against a claim by the former manager for a $1 million incentive bonus.
- Successfully represented a dry cleaning business in suit by the shopping center landlord alleging unlawful dumping of toxic waste resulting in over $1 million in damages.