Valerie Larson is of counsel to Burkhardt & Larson.
Ms. Larson chiefly handles the prosecution of trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. She also handles the maintenance of registered trademarks. Ms. Larson has successfully prosecuted trademark applications for leaders of nationwide businesses.
- Handled all trademark applications on behalf of a leading manufacturer of aircraft hangar doors.
- Handles trademark applications and maintenance of trademarks on behalf of a leading importer of Mexican candy.
- Handles all trademark applications and maintenance of trademarks for a leading independent San Diego distributor of automotive products.
- State Bar of California
- U.S District Court, Southern District
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of San Diego School of Law, Masters of Law Taxation, 1991
- University of California at Davis, Juris Doctor, 1987
- University of California at Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts (English & Political Science) 1984
AFFILIATIONS & DISTINCTIONS
- Attorney, San Diego District Counsel, Department of Treasury, San Diego (1991-1997)
- Judicial Extern, U.S District Court, Eastern District of California (1986)
- Judicial Extern, California Court or Appeal, 2nd District (1986)
REPORTED CASES/TAX COURT MEMORANDUMS
- Cramer v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue Service (“C.I.R.”) (1993) 101 T.C. No. 225
- Handel v. C.I.R., T.C. Memo 1992-355
- Stephens v. C.I.R., T.C. Memo. 1993-173
- Mitchell v. C.I.R., T.C. Memo. 1994-242
- Ehrensperger v. C.I.R., T.C. Memo. 1994-279
- Leonard v. C.I.R., T.C. Memo.1996-473
- Henry v. C.I.R., T.C. Memo.1997-29
- Abraham v. C.I.R., T.C. Memo.1998-326