Carl Larson is a partner in Burkhardt & Larson. He is chiefly responsible for the firm’s business and estate planning practice. Mr. Larson is experienced in all types of entity formations and consults with business owners regarding a wide variety of matters that arise out of manufacturing, distribution, licensing, and other business operations. His estate planning experience includes over 300 fully integrated estate plans.
Trust Administration and Probate
- Represented the personal representative of a $22 million probate estate.
- Represented seller in the $13 million sale of its manufacturing plumbing line of business.
- Represented seller in the $8 million sale of its irrigation manufacturing line of business.
- Represented purchaser in the purchase of a nationwide leader in manufacturing aircraft hangar doors.
- Represented licensor of digital reader technology used in the First Response pregnancy test.
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- United States Tax Court
AFFILIATIONS & DISTINCTIONS
- President, Rancho Santa Fe Rotary Club (2005-2006)
- President, North Central Democratic Club (300 members) (2003-2005)
- University of California, San Diego Planned Giving Committee (1992-1996)
- Martindale-Hubbell, “AV” Rated and Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- University of San Diego School of Law, Masters of Law Taxation, 1992
- University of California at Davis, Juris Doctor 1987
- Institute of Japanese Studies, Two Year Certificate, Japanese Language (1986)
- University of California at Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts (English) 1981
- Heacock v. Ivorette-Texas, Inc. (1993) 20 Cal. App. 4th 1665
- Rancho Santa Fe Pharmacy, Inc. v. Seyfert (1990) 219 Cal. App. 3d 875
- Taggares v. Superior Court (1998) 62 Cal. App. 4th 94