Francisco Garcia Jr.
Francisco Garcia, Jr. joined Burkhardt & Larson in 2011. Mr. Garcia’s practice includes the representation of individuals and corporate entities in a broad range of litigation matters, including contractual disputes, lease interpretation, trust interpretation, and fraud and misrepresentation claims. Mr. Garcia’s practice also includes the preparation of estate planning documents and counseling clients in estate and business planning matters.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- Trust and Estates Litigation
- Business Transactions
- Acquisition and Sales
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- License Agreements
- Software Develepment Agreements
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Asset Purchase Agreements
- Termination of Business Entities
- Wills & Trust
- IRA Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directives
- Represented trustee of multi-million dollar trust estate in a complicated trust litigation matter involving the interpretation of four inter-related trusts.
- Represented the personal representative in the distribution of a $22 million probate estate.
- Represented seller in the sale of its plumbing manufacturing line of business valued at $13 million.
- Represented seller in the sale of its irrigation manufacturing line of business valued at $8 million.
- Defended medical device manufacturer in federal court action involving claims of breach of contract and fraud.
- Represented former employee of California corporation in action involving claims for nonpayment of wages and statutory waiting time penalties.
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
AFFILIATIONS & DISTINCTIONS
- San Diego North County Bar Association
- Fiorenzo V. Lopardo American Inns of Court, Member
- University of Texas at Austin School of Law, Juris Doctor (with honors) 2010
- Leland Stanford Junior University, Bachelor of Arts (Economics), Minor (Political Science), 2007